PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
The following information relates to the protection of your personal data. This is the data that allows you to be identified, directly or indirectly, such as your first name, surname, e-mail address and IP address.
Personal data is collected when:
- You browse the pages of the CAA International Cocoa Conference Exhibition and Dinner website. In your browser, those pages begin either with https://caacocoaconference.org or, for the registration form, with https://cocoaasia.org/dir/. When a link takes you to another website, a portal site, an online application or a social network, you must check the terms and conditions for the processing of personal data used by those responsible for those services;
To safeguard your personal data from unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying.
You should be aware, however, that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure. While security cannot be guaranteed, we strive to protect the security of your information and are constantly reviewing and enhancing our information security measures.
ACCURACY OF PERSONAL DATA
We generally rely on personal data provided by you (or your authorised representative). In order to ensure that your personal data is current, complete and accurate, please update us if there are changes to your personal data by informing our Data Protection Officer in writing or via email at the contact details provided below.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
We may retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, or as required or permitted by applicable laws.17 October 2017)
The legal bases of the processing operations are the following:
- For the organisation of the conference: performance of a task carried out in the public interest;
- For taking photos/videos, re-using them, sharing the list of participants for networking purposes and transferring the list of participants to the CAA International Cocoa Conference Exhibition and Dinner for future events: consent.
Personal data is collected and processed with the aim to:
- Help us to organise the conference as effectively
- Manage logistical issues and invoicing
- Enable participants to network via the conference application
- Take photos/videos during the conference and re-use them for communication and/or promotion
- Build up a database that can be used by the CAA International Cocoa Conference Exhibition and Dinner for other similar events
- Allow access to the conference
Data is also collected and processed anonymously:
- For statistical and qualitative purpose, with the aim of improving our services
- To provide you with an answer in your language
If your request for information or a service is intended for another department we will provide you with the correct information for that department and you then have the choice of whether or not to contact them.
Data that is not of a personal nature is automatically collected without linking it to your IP address and therefore with respect for your privacy. It is used to generate statistics and to improve the content of the portal site:
- Language selection
- Search engine used
- Keywords used
- The website from which you came
- The pages you viewed
- The duration of each page viewed
- The list of files downloaded
- The access date and time
- The browser used
- The platform and/or operating system installed on your computer
A cookie is a small text file that can be stored on your computer when you visit websites.
The conference website and the registration forms use only essential and functional cookies necessary for their proper functioning.
RIGHT OF ACCESS, RECTIFICATION, OBJECTION AND ERASURE
You have certain rights relating to the personal data that we use: the right of access, the right to rectification, the right to object and the right to have data deleted.
Please send an e-mail to us in order to exercise your rights: email@example.com
For more information about our data protection policy, you may contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org